Me in 20 Seconds
- I was born and raised in Toronto, Canada.
- I build environmentally focused companies with two core values that will never change: Empowerment and Transparency.
- I love designing and building homes & products.
- I am deeply passionate about air quality, pollution, and how it impacts our lives.
- I got rid of my cellphone January 17th, 2017 and haven’t looked back. (Update, I got a cell phone again March 7th, 2020, once my daughter was born.
- I LOVE voice notes, I create much better verbally than in the written word.
- Close family & friends call me Mikey.
Let's start from the beginning...
- Born in Toronto 🇨🇦
- Earned my black-belt in Taekwondo 🥋
- I made my first Ebay sale, and got both my parents banned in the process
- Sold $30,000 worth of Lacoste shirts in Grade 10
- Got my first job, got fired 6 weeks later
- Started Business school at the University of Guelph
- Dropped out of the University of Guelph 🎓
- Met my now wife, Rachel.
- Started a cell phone repair shop and ranked #1 on google for iPhone repair 📱
- Closed the phone store and started a digital marketing firm.
- Went to Thailand and trained in Muay Thai 🥊. (I’ve been 5 times in the last 6 years)
- Decided it was time to focus on NOW money and start FloodExperts.ca to respond the biggest flood in Canadian history. This is when the RapidMethod™ was born. (more to come later.)
- Started a generator business after the Toronto Ice Storm → Rapid Power⚡
- Restored 150 homes after the biggest wildfire in Canadian History. 🔥
- Saw how bad poor air quality was impacting children’s lives (the idea for Jaspr was born.)
- Dedicated the year to making better friends & travelling ✈️
- Sold all my stuff, got rid of my place and tried the Nomad Life
- Got Married 💍
- Decided Nomad Life is not for me, came home in the middle of a trip and signed a 2 year lease 🛬
- Closed my restoration companies
- Our first daughter Aria was born. 👶🏻
- Moved to Kelowna, BC ⛰️
- Spent a ton of time with family and thinking about how we want to spend the decade.
- Moved back to Ontario.
- Finding a place to call home 🏡
- Our second Daughter, Adele was born.
- Scaling Jaspr.
Here’s what I am up to now
This section exists to hold myself accountable to what I am currently prioritizing . It's also here to share with you 😃
- Our second daughter, Adele, was born last week on Mother’s day.
- I finally joined a gym, I prepaid for 3 months of personal training to increase the stakes and likelihood that I follow through.
- Reading "Deep Work", by Cal Newport & "Stillness Is the Key" by Ryan Holiday.
- On the Jaspr front, we are a few months away from launching our HVAC line (Stay tuned, this will be the most disruptive thing to hit HVAC since Nest in 2011.)
Updated May 15th , 2022
My Favourite Quotes
"You're not paying for the hour, you're paying for the value the hour brings you" - Jim Rohn
"A project without a corresponding goal is called a hobby." "A goal without a corresponding project, is called a dream." - Tiago Forte
“The question you should be asking isn’t, “what do I want” or “what are my goals?” But “What would excite me?” - Tim Ferriss
"The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents" - Carl jung
10 things I like to know about
- Journaling practice
- Reading practice
- Meditation practice
- Gym practice
- Who are your mentors
- Thoughts on home ownership
- Inbox organization practice
- Ideal vacation
- Greatest achievement in the past year
- Something unique that most people don’t know about you
I made this little Google Form so you could share your answers if you choose to.
Some of my book notes
I have no idea.
You're the one still reading.
Get in touch with me
Fill out the Google Form above and I will get back to you soon!